Featured post

My Life...at the Olde Burley village

As a special birthday - age not included - surprise to me fair lady, I whisked her away for a weekend in the country. I chose the village o...

Wednesday 11 November 2015

British Comedy - Galton & Simpson - Comedy Weekend Drive

                                                          Kings of Comedy

As we enter the season of longer nights, and lower temperatures, I think it's the ideal time to lighten everything up...so why not indulge yourself this weekend, in the best of British Comedy. I'm talking about the kings of laughter, the Shakespeare's of comedy writing...the one and only,  Galton and Simpson ( aka Ray and Alan ). Come on everybody, get your DVD's or CD's out, of Hancock's Half Hour, watch them, listen to them, and above all...enjoy them ! Revel in an evening of pure classic comedy gold. Immerse yourself in another world, another time, a dimension of imagination and craziness, a world of the REAL and original "LoL".
  Or, turn on, tune in, laugh out l with the comedy musings of Barry Took and Marty Feldman, the creators and writers of such wonderful radio shows as, " Round the Horne" and " Beyond Our Ken", here again a superb example of a writing partnership that encapsulates a humorous world of the sublime, the surreal and anarchic.
  Both of these offerings of course are complemented by a stella cast of actors,performers the likes of which we'll never see again - I'm sorry to say.
  So please, this weekend get your laughter gear out, and raise a titter to Tony Hancock, Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Kenneth Horne, Hugh Paddick and Betty Marsden.

Make this weekend British Comedy, be proud and be funny !

For my part I just want to take this opportunity to say, " Thank you," to all these people, for all the joy and laughter they have given me over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment