Featured post

My Life...at the Olde Burley village

As a special birthday - age not included - surprise to me fair lady, I whisked her away for a weekend in the country. I chose the village o...

Wednesday 28 January 2015

The Avengers - TV series - Homage

Opening scene, Steed and Emma speeding along a quiet, country road, The Bentley's engine roaring as smoothly as the driver, himself,  Autumn leaves were sent flying wildly behind them, in their slipstream.

Emma: “This had better be serious, Steed ! After all, it's not everyday that I get given free backstage tickets, to see the great opera singer, Loosey Fatalottie. Up close and personal, so to speak”
Steed: “ Serious, Mrs Peel ? I'm always serious, especially when it comes to affairs of the state
Emma: “ Well, Fatalottie is a big act to follow, Steed, and I was really looking forward to it!
Steed: “ I do feel bad about abducting you away from a night of musical accompaniment.
I might not be able to match the big fellow, but I could stretch to raising you “Three Tenners !”
Emma: “ Oh, Ha Ha ! So, what is so urgent, that needs our immediate attendance ?”
Steed: “ Ah ! Well, it seems that the entire population of a sleepy little village in Surrey, have...completely....vanished into thin air.”
Emma: “ Missing persons or mass migration ? Either way, shouldn't this be more a police matter, than ours ?”
Steed: “ Normally, I'd agree with you, Mrs Peel. But, it just so happens, that this particular village
is situated rather close to a Hush-Hush Secret Energy Research Facility. Currently, conducting completely deniable experiments, in highly unstable, static electric waves”
Emma: “ Sounds, positively hair-raising ! I take it, that the popular theory is one of connection. But, one thing that I don't understand is, how that I haven't heard anything about this, through the press already ?”
Steed: “ Ah ! Stroke of luck there ! It's the football World Cup right now, and the press machine is in full patriotic fervor. In this last week, there have been several military coups – various regions – a small number, of very close international disasters, a couple of near miss aircraft collisions, a few minor earthquakes and one island has been utterly destroyed by an erupting volcano. All of which, have been pushed back for reporting at a later time, space and by-lines willing, til after the game”
Emma: “ My, my ! So, was there any good news, that I may have missed, this week ?”
Steed: “ Yes, of course Mrs Peel ! Dwayne Foolney, England's most experienced player, has been cleared as “ Match fit” for the next game !”

Emma: “ Hmmm ! I thought you said there was some “Good” news, this week, Steed ?”

No comments:

Post a Comment